| House History and Info | ||
| Second oldest house in Thomaston, it was built in 1833 by John E. Pettigrew as a one and a half story house with a full attic. In 1840 Benjamin B. White purchased the house, and added an additional bedroom, a dining room and kitchen, and a large verandah across the back of the residence. During the 1880's the house came into the possession of the Stamps family, who lived there until 1968. This house was originally located on North Church Street and was moved in 1968 to its present location by the Upson Historical Society to save it from demolition. Admission is Free. |
||
| Amenities | ||
| Parking and public restrooms. | ||
| Hours | ||
| Open by appointment. For tours, call 706-646-2437. | ||
| Phone & Address & Website | ||
| Phone: 706-646-2437 – Address: 800 South Church St., Thomaston Georgia - Pettigrew, White, Stamps House Website | ||
|
