Welcome to www.n-georgia.com

Explore the lovely Columbia, Crawford and Elbert Squares in Savannah Georgia.

Free Stuff To Do In Georgia Georgia Overnight Accommodations Shopping in Georgia Videos of places and things to do in Georgia Georgia Jobs and GA Department of Labor Weather in Georgia Maps of places in Georgia Contact Us Advertise in N-Georgia.com

Home
Georgia Travel Regions
Georgia Coast and Islands
Georgia Festivals and Events
Georgia Lakes
Georgia Fishing Lakes
Georgia Rivers
Georgia Waterfalls
Georgia National Parks
Georgia State Parks
County Parks
Georgia Wildlife
Georgia U S Forests
Georgia Farmers Markets
Georgia Gardens
Georgia Civil War Sites
Georgia Historic Sites
Georgia Museums
Georgia Plantations and Observatories
Georgia Audubon Society
Georgia Covered Bridges
Georgia Driving Tours
Georgia OHV Trails
Georgia Bike Trails
Georgia Horseback Riding Trails
Ourdoor Activities Safety Tips
Georgia Tourist Centers
Columbia Square
Columbia SquareIn the center of this square is the Wormsloe Fountain, placed there in 1970 as a memorial to Augusta and Wymberly DeRenne, descendants of Noble Jones. Davenport House, the house saved in 1955 by seven women who went on to found Historic Savannah Foundation, is located on the North side of this square.

It is also the site of current preservation activities. The Frederic Ball House and the former law offices on the Western side of the square next to the Kehoe House. The Stone House, dating from the 1820s has been restored. The Universalist Church, on the Southwest corner of the square, is the former Sheftall House.
Crawford Square
Crawford Square
This square was laid out in the 1840s. It was named to honor William Harris Crawford who was Secretary of the Treasury under President Madison. He was once thought to be a prime contender for President of the United States.

It is the only square that is still fenced as all the squares were at one time.

The historic Davenport House is located near the Crawford square.

Crawford Square is on Houston Street between Perry and Hull Streets.
Elbert Square
Elbert Square in Savannah GA

This square is one of two lost squares, represented by a small grassy area today. It is located on Montgomery St. directly across from the Westside entrance to the Civic Center.

The square was named for Samuel Elbert, planter and Revolutionary soldier. In 1969, the "Flame of Freedom" was placed here but subsequently moved to Liberty Square in front of the Courthouse.

The square was laid out in 1801.
See more Savannah Squares.
Loading



Join our facebook group

Coast Travel Region Map
Colonial Coast GA Travel Region Printable Map

Bullet

GA Coast & Islands Fun:
BulletFestivals & Events
BulletFree Outdoor Activities
BulletTourist Centers
BulletTravel Region Info


HomeFree Stuff To Do - Festivals & Events - State Parks - County Parks  - Georgia National ForestsWildlife Areas    
WRD Archery & Firearms Ranges - National Parks Services Sites - Horseback Riding Trails - OHV Trails - Bike Trails - Driving Tours
Covered Bridges - Historic Sites - Museums - Coast & Islands - Rivers - Lakes - Fishing Lakes - Waterfalls - Gardens - Planetariums -
 - Maps - Videos - Safety Tips - Dept of Labor - Privacy Policy -  Contact

Website created and Copyright ©1999 - 2017 by. All rights are reserved. Website updated on 9/3/2017